Administrative Assistant - Texas DivisionThis position is based in Farmers Branch, TX.
TITLE: Administrative Assistant
EXEMPTION STATUS: Non-Exempt
SUPERVISED BY: Vice President
EMPLOYEES SUPERVISED: None
Duties include securing and maintaining personnel records and processing new hire packets. Also included is the processing of candidates including but not limited to interviewing candidates, grading exams, conducting criminal and education and professional background checks. Additionally, the position required the completion and timely submission of request, projects and routine reports, while ensuring strict adherence to confidentiality. This position consists of the entry of large amounts of data. Must demonstrate efficient work habits and demonstrate superior oral and written communication skills.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Coordinates the hiring process as directed by the Vice President.
- Maintain employment bulletin board for position openings as well as place ads in newspapers or online.
- Maintains external applicant files.
- Maintains employee personnel files.
- Maintain job descriptions based on management guidance.
- Processes all paperwork for applicants and new hires.
- Greets applicants, answers and routs telephone calls, furnishes information, records messages.
- Sets up and maintains personnel and training files.
- Maintains confidentiality on all matters concerning MedicOne Medical Response.
- Attends, records and distributes minutes of various office meetings.
- Provides back-up support in the absence of the Office Manager for the Operation.
- Represents the company interest in corrective action matters while collaborating with operations management.
- Serves as benefits coordinator (health, supplemental, 401k, et al)
- Performs other related duties as required.
II. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be well versed in general clerical skills, including typing, filing systems, grammar, spelling, telephone and interpersonal skills, and organization.
- Reading skills to comprehend correspondence and material for filing. Often this material includes technical EMS material, medical terminology, memos, manuals, and other documents.
- Writing skills to compose complex correspondence or reports with little direction provided.
- Interpersonal skills to give and information tactfully.
- Often handles confidential material requiring significant discretion. Must demonstrate ability to maintain security and confidentiality with utmost discretion.
- Must type at least 45 wpm with minimum errors.
- Computer literate with extensive experience in the operation of personal computers including programs such as data base management, word processing and spreadsheets (IBM, PC or compatible).
- Self-motivates, well organized, capable of working closely with other.
- Ability to operate audio-visual equipment, i.e., overhead projector, slide projector, VHS cassette recorder/player, etc.
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks, often changing assignments on short notice. While this position usually required working weekdays, must be able to work flexible hours if needed.
III. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by as employee to successfully perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle or feel. The employee is regularly required to talk and to hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision ability required by this job includes close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
The information provided in this description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents within this position. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and working conditions required of employees assigned to this position. MedicOne Medical Response has the sole discretion to add or modify the duties of the position and to designate other functions at any time. This position description is not an employment agreement or contract.